For more information about Coastal Plumbing & Heating and the plumbing services we provide in the Brick Township area, contact us today at (732) 606-0141 for a free, no-obligation quote. We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details.
Or Contact Us!
Water Heater Service in Brick Township
Just like every other appliance, your water heater has a lifespan. The average lifespan of a heater is between 8 to 12 years, but issues before that can create a more immediate need to replace it. When your heater is on its last legs, Coastal Plumbing & Heating is here to help.
We have years of experience keeping the water heaters of Brick Township functioning smoothly and, when the time comes, replacing them for new models.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
When your unit starts to rattle and clank, leak all over the floor or fail to heat water properly, it might be time to upgrade. It's important to remember that it always pays to replace your heater before it fails completely, so here are a few things to look out for:
- Rusty water. Rusty water is a sign that your water heater is decaying internally. Rust seriously damages the heater's integrity, and is a typical warning sign that leaks are just around the corner.
- Pools of water. If there's standing water around your unit, it's time for a new one.
- Excessive noise. That annoying rattling noise indicates your heater is suffering from sediment buildup, meaning it's less efficient. The constant banging can also lead to cracks, which lead to leaks.
- Not enough hot water; this could be due to a problem with the heating elements or because of loose wiring in the heating unit.
- Foul smell; this is caused by an increased number of bacteria in the tank. The solution to this is usually to simply flush the tank.
- Exceeding its life expectancy. Heaters are only meant to last for so long, so if yours has had a long life it could be time for a new model.
Water Heater Repair Service in Brick Township
Most water heater issues do not require replacements, only repairs. When we come to inspect your water heater we will explain exactly what needs to be done and why, so that you know you are getting only the services you need.
In homes that are north of the equator, water heaters are not a luxury item - they are a necessity. Whether you own a home or a business building, it is vital that your unit continues to function properly always. When something is that important, it is imperative that you have a company you can trust that is available all times to deal with any major issues. At Coastal Plumbing & Heating, we are able to provide 24-hour emergency or scheduled repair services, as well as regular scheduled maintenance. Our team of talented mechanical contractors pride themselves on their ability to consistently provide high quality services to each one of our Brick Township customers.
If your water heater is 10 years or older then it is almost certainly time to get a new one. Modern water heaters are more than 20% more efficient than older models.
If you are looking to have the water heater in your Brick Township property repaired or replaced, we can help. We will provide you with an in-depth assessment of what the problem is and exactly how we can fix it.